NUTRITION – Paleo Challenges/Courses
Paleo Detox Course – Get a head start on the holiday season!
Kick off meeting is 9/15 6pm
Weekly meetings – NO MEETING 9/22, Then Meetings: 9/29, 10/6, & 10/13 WRAP up Meeting
Stay tuned for pricing and sign up information
The San Ramon Whole Foods Paleo Challenge is wrapping up!
What an exciting opportunity! Who’s ready to get healthy and feel and look their best for summer? But seriously, not just for summer, for LIFE! CFSR has been offered an amazing opportunity to participate in this FREE Paleo Challenge.
Here’s the basic info you need to know:
· Challenge dates will be June 20th through August 19th, with each participant WOD completed between the 19th and 23rd
· Final Team Throwdown will be on Sunday August 30th
· Kickoff meetings (explanation of contest rules and lecture from Michelle Smith of the Whole Smiths) will be held on:
o June 16th – CF San Ramon – 6PM
· Before and After WOD will consist of
o Front Squat – 5 x 5, 5×3, 5×1 (total weight lifted is the score)
o “Baseline” – For time, 40 Air Squats, 30 Situps, 20 Pushups, 10 pullups, 500 meter row
o Winners for each gym will be chosen based on their percentage of time decrease between Baseline 1 and Baseline 2, with total Front Squat weight serving as tie breaker
· Health Testing for Paleo challenge will consist of before and after circumference measurements 2 inches below the belly button – with the highest percent of change resulting in the top prize
· Consistency Prize awarded to the competitor who tracks their eating and records their meals on their scorecard and stays paleo the highest number of total days throughout the challenge
· Paleo Passport items to include a cooking Demonstration by Sarah Pate – either at WFM San Ramon or at CrossFit San Ramon
o Passports will be punched by checkers at Whole Foods Market San Ramon when presented by a competitor in the challenge
o Competitors with fully stamped cards will be entered in our raffle at the Throwdown
HOW DO I SIGN UP? We will put a sign up sheet on the bulletin board by the front door. Make sure you include your email address so we can keep you updated on things!
Lori’s Paleo Made Easy Course – Next Date – TBD
How can I make all of my food for the week in 2 hours or less?
What do I eat when I’m out dining with friends?
Can my kids eat this way too?
Where do I shop?
I’m on a budget, can I afford this?
What if it doesn’t work for me?
How can I kick Old habits?
What does it take to form new, healthy habits?
We will meet on the 18th. Everyone will receive their binder full of information as well as samples of paleo mayo, ranch and salad dressings to take home. Each week we will communicate via email and our accountability partners. On the 5th week we will meet up again to celebrate the paleo journey and will get a chance to taste more paleo foods and treats! Take that step and make a huge difference in your health!