Today marks the first day of many of our teams Weightlifting career as they compete in the Right of Passage competition. If your coming by to support our fellow members, please use a CrossFit San Ramon T-shirt.
We want to wish luck to the following athletes that will be competing today Saturday:
View this post on Instagram
Cfsr had an amazing time today @spsgym! The 3 hour seminar was brilliant and so many of us had huge Ah-ha moments. We feel so grateful to have had this experience and can’t wait to be back in two weeks for Rite of Passage 🙌🏻 thank you coaches for top notch coaching and for your time today. We appreciate it all so very much 💪🏻🏋🏼♂️ #olympiclifting #usaw #community
SPS did an amazing job of doing the seminar to prepare us for the competition, but you can never be too prepared. Below is a link to a guide prepared by Juggernaut training systems.
What to Bring
This stuff is mostly pretty obvious, but I figured a checklist may be handy. Here are some of the most important things to make sure you have with you on game day:
1. Weightlifting Shoes
2. Singlet (hopefully a sweet one with a dragon on it or something)
3. The rest of your training gear. Knee sleeves/wraps, belt, tape. You may want to bring some chalk just in case.
4. A notebook to write down warm-ups
5. Your USA Weightlifting membership card. You’ll need this for your registration. You can bring it out, or just bring it in digital format on your smartphone.
6. Food, water, supplements (including Red Bull,) and anything else you like to use before a workout (such as nSAIDs.)
7. Layers of clothing to stay warm, and maybe even a pillow if you’d like to lie down and relax after you weigh-in.