Cashew Cheese and Pomegranate Filled Acorn Squash
PALEO CHALLENGE 30 DAY WRAP UP
Congrats to our newest CFSR Paleo People! Welcome to the club! Here at CFSR we are excited about our growing Paleo community, 40+ members, and growing by the day! Keep up the great work everyone. Your health and athleticism are making gains daily! At the end of the day, what do we truly have if we don’t have our health? Remember, your coaches and CFSR teammates are here to support you every step of the way. Cheers to your health!
We will announce the challenge winners tomorrow, Wednesday.
6 Wall Ball from Clean
Speed – 6x 200 M Sprint
WOD – 4 Rounds
15 Thrusters 95/65
15 KB Swings 53/35
Health is a large word. It embraces not the body only, but the mind and spirit as well; and not today’s pain or pleasure alone, but the whole being and outlook of a man. ~James H. West
Mobility WOD 242
Paleo Challenge DAY 30–the Cookie Recipe you’ve all been waiting for…
Many of you have asked me for my chocolate chip cookie recipe. I’ve had to hold out on you until the end of the 30 day challenge, I didn’t want to add temptation to your first 30 days. That being said, it is important to remember that treats are just that–a treat for once in a while. That being said, these cookies are so delicious, it is hard to have just one. SO, if you plan to make them, plan to share a few with a friend so that you’re not sitting there eyeballing a dozen pieces of deliciousness. I base my recipe off of the Against All Grains Recipe and have modified it to my liking, (added in a few tips for you too). Tim thinks my “secret” is the love I put into my Paleo treats when baking 😉 I do enjoy cooking and baking Paleo. There’s something magical about food that heals you from the inside out, and tastes amazing in the process. It has certainly changed my life! Eat Well, and Be Well ~ Lori
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil – (I get the big container at Costco)
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar – (Trader Joes Organic)
- 2 tablespoons honey (Trader Joes Raw, Organic Honey from India $4.99 a jar)
- 1 large egg, room temperature (Trader Joes organic, free range eggs $4.49 a dozen)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla ( I use the large bottle from Costco- Kirkland Pure Vanilla – make sure whatever you use is gluten free)
- 1½ cups Almond Flour (Trader Joes $4.99 a bag)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (I use bulk flour from Whole Foods)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate pieces (just chop up a dark chocolate bar – Trader Joes dark Chocolate Bar is awesome)
- 1/4 cup Ghiradelli Cacao chips (as high a % as you can get them, nothing less than 60%)
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (They are actually cheaper at Whole Foods than Target- you can also get them on Amazon.com for around $4.50 a bag)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, cream the coconut oil & egg – roughly 15 seconds
- Then add in coconut sugar, honey, and vanilla for about 15 seconds until smooth and fluffy – scrape down the sides.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt and mix again until combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed in order to incorporate all of the flour. Pulse once or twice more.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Place tablespoon sized “globs” of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. DO NOT flatten!
- Bake for 10 minutes – look at the cookies, they need about another 30 seconds, right? Give them 30 more seconds then remove from oven. Let them sit for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
- It is most important that you eat a warm, gooey cookie ASAP 🙂 ENJOY!
Here’s where I was before Paleo and then around Half way through my journey to now. Roughly 10 more #s to go. May 15, 2014 will mark 1 year Paleo for me. Thyroid is healed, asthma is gone, allergies are pretty much gone, aches and pains are gone, inflammation is gone, energy is through the roof, size 14 to a 6. In my humble opinion, Paleo and CrossFit are a winning combination for health and well-being. ~Lori
Clean Grip Dead Lift
“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Mobility WOD 31
RECIPE OF THE DAY: Nopales Stirfry
A single set of Pull Ups (Strict) for max reps.
A single set of Handstand push ups (Strict) for max reps.
3 handstand push ups
6 pull ups
12 double unders
“I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies,
for the hardest victory is over self.” ― Aristotle
Mobility WOD 28
3×10 (set 1 @80% 2 @75% 3 at 70%)
Buy in: 10 Muscle Ups or Bar Muscle Ups
21 Wall Balls
30 Double Unders
15 Wall Balls
30 Double Unders
9 Wall Balls
30 Double Unders
Buy Out: 10 Muscle Ups
Shoulder wind up 3 min each side
4 min squat
“Give us clear vision that we may know where to stand and what to stand for- because unless we stand for something we shall fall for anything” Peter Marshall
RECIPE OF THE DAY: Bacon and Garlic Cabbage
7/10/09 WOD: “Nate”
Complete as many rounds in twenty minutes as you can of:
4 Handstand Push-ups
8 2-Pood Kettlebell swings
Post rounds completed to comments.
Chief Petty Officer Nate Hardy was killed Sunday February 4th during combat operations in Iraq. Nate is survived by his wife, Mindi, and his infant son Parker.
If you would like to help support Nate’s family, make donations to the “Nate Hardy Memorial Fund” in care of the Navy Federal Credit Union, Building 200, FTC Dam Neck, Virginia Beach, VA, 23461.