Spotlight on: Tom Hamrick!
1) How many years have you been doing Crossfit, and how many Opens have you participated in?
I have been in CrossFit for 4 years as of March.
2) Why did you decide to do the Open this year?
I enjoy competing against myself and pushing to be better than I was yesterday. The Open is a great opportunity to see where my fitness and ability to do work has grown and to see where there are areas for improvement.
3) What’s your goal for the 2017 Open?
My goal coming into the 2017 Open was to make it into the top 200 worldwide for my masters division of 45-49 year olds. That is what it takes to get into the masters qualifier and is the equivalent of the regionals for the RX athletes and teams.
Spotlight on: Kevin Conlon!
1. How many years have you been doing Crossfit, and how many Opens have you participated in?
I’ve been doing Crossfit for a little over 2 years (27 mos). This is my first open.
2. Why did you decide to do the Open this year?
I wanted to see where I stand among my peers (aka. Other old guys)
3. What’s your goal for the 2017 Open?
My goal is to push myself and see what I’m capable of accomplishing. We have the absolute best coaches and the perfect environment of support. I get the opportunity to push myself without the fear of failing in front of them.